Saturday, February 4, 2012

Post(Card)-A-Day 4: A Few Thrift Store Sightings

M-Office 1200

A taupe Olivetti Studio 44, just like the one we used to have but in pica. Florian would have liked this, I'm sure.

A Rover 2000 that looks remarkably recent - a'90s machine, perhaps?

Now that I look at these pictures... I'm not entirely sure it was plastic. Maybe it was actually metal? I should have written down notes; I really can't remember and the pictures don't confirm one or the other. I'm inclined to think it was plastic because the black part most definitely is, and it wouldn't make sense for the blue to be anything else.

Anyway, here is the link to Robert's write-up of IMC-made Engadine and Primavera typewriters.

8 comments:

  1. I knew Rover for chinese-made, plastic typewriters. The IMC badge, however, is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice typewriters. You did not have any of them follow you home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I decided not to! I found all of them rather ordinary, to be honest. And it turned out that was the right decision, as you will see in tomorrow's post :)

      Delete
  3. I enjoy when I see a Lettera 32 on your blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for a taupe Studio 44 for the longest time! Not common here in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart went into my throat for a moment when I thought you'd found a Fitch in a thrift store!

    I like that M-Office, very bold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First Bill with the Writing Ball, and now you... putting up these postcards was a great idea! :)

      Delete
  6. I found some weeks ago an almost new Rover 2000 for only 18 Euro. Like new, type very well. Great to use outdoor, because it is very lightweight. Surely not a machine for daily heavy use. But I want to travel with this pretty machine for a photographic project (film, not digital, of course!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Please note that comments are moderated; so this will be posted as soon as I have read it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...