Thursday, February 16, 2012

Post(Card)-A-Day 16: Maroon Groma Kolibri

Looks like it's turning out to be Kolibri week on the blog! That is not such a bad thing.

Besides, this is a good opportunity to put up a few of the orange-background photos that this blog is known for :-)

Coming soon to an unscrupulous eBay auction near you! (It's been a while since I saw this, though, so perhaps the situation is getting better.)

Speaking of beautiful maroon typewriters, 'fess up, who won this stunning Continental? I sure hope it wasn't a keychopper, an option which the seller mentioned in the listing (tsk, tsk).

Thanks again for the swap, Georg! Hope you're enjoying the Everest K2 :).

NB: I am experimenting with eliminating word verification for comments entirely, since I have the option to delete undesirable ones and I am almost always online, anyway. I noticed that the word verification captchas on other blogs have gotten just about unbearable (two words, both rather hard to read) and I struggled trying to make a few comments this morning. 

So let's try going without the safety net for a week and see how it goes.

15 comments:

  1. That's the very one I want!! Is this your absolute favourite??

    You've probably heard the saying "seeing Reds under their beds", but as long as it is a maroon(red) Groma, I wouldn't mind. Certainly wouldn’t kick ‘her’ out from under my bed! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My absolute favorite to look at? Yes. But to write with? No, there's another I like even better. More to come later :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice typewriter. I have heard quite a bit about the Kolibris and all of it is good. I have one on my want list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to tell my favorite color typewriter. Well, if it is from my collection it has to be the orange-red wood grain Underwood Standard Portable. Otherwise it has to me one of the shiney maroon ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Kolibri looks stunning (then again, all of your typewriters look stunning!).

    Maroon is definitely one of my favorite colors, along with the matte gold color of the Triumph Perfekt I recently acquired. I have yet to own a maroon typer though; lost a bid for a german keyboard Continental a couple of weeks ago. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that last profile picture, it really brings out the surprising flatness of a Kolibri.

    I agree with you about this very annoying new captcha system. I think I'll try eliminating that on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Help! How did you turn off the captchas? The two "word" system is indeed broken.

      For Adwoa: For whatever reason, I no longer see any comment option on your entries except for the ability to reply to a previous comment. Do you limit comments to Google+ followers, or could there be something else going on?

      Delete
    2. Dwayne: Perhaps it is just you? Everyone else on this thread seems to have been able to comment just fine, and no, I have turned off all options to restrict comments in any way, opting to moderate them manually for a while. It's only been a few hours, but no problems to report so far.

      Delete
    3. Dwayne: on the Blogger dashboard (at least the old-fashioned one), you go to Settings > Comments and then choose "No" for "Show word verification for comments?"

      Delete
  6. Sweet Kolibri. I think my favourite typewriter color is Hermes 3000-green. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No question, my fave is green. Obviously, the Hermes green, but I also like the darker green on my SG1, as well as a variety of keys from Royals to Smith Coronas.

    Subconsciously, I was drawn to a green Selectric that I swear, can't be a shade or two off from Hermes green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two votes for Hermes green! It IS soothing to the eye, I'll give you that.

      Delete
  8. Amazing Kolibri! The color is beautiful :) My favorite typewriter color is black. Specially the shiny ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That maroon is a close second to SM-3 forest green. That's a nice machine there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Please note that comments are moderated; so this will be posted as soon as I have read it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...